Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SOPA (as explained by Betty, age 10)

Game booth at the Delaware State Fair, July 2010
Photo taken by me (copyright Melissa of The Betty and Boo Chronicles)
I love this picture and have been dying to use it somehow on the blog for nearly 2 years. 
As regular readers know, my Betty has a blog and it is there that she turned, in protest, when I told her about SOPA this evening.  (She came home from school, went on Wikipedia to look something up for homework, and promptly let out a shriek.)  Here, in her words (remember, she is 10) is why SOPA is a bad thing. 
UH OH! I have some reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyy bad news. You all heard of Congress right? They are like the boss men. You do NOT repeat NOT wanna mess with them. Anyway here's the bad news: CONGRESS WANTS TO TAKE DOWN THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I PROTEST!!!!!!!!!

If there's no Internet, what will we do without our blogs!? Our Facebook pages!? Our YouTube accounts!?

If you protest, PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!

You need the Internet for reasearch and all that fancy shcmancy stuff on there! But never fear! President Obama is here! (BTW I want him to be our President forever and ever and ever.) He will try to stop all this nonsense. Congress, if you shut down the Internet, I shut down your faces! ( I mean that in the nicest possible way.)

OMG. If Congress shuts down the Internet, they shut down my BLOG! And my mom's blog! I can't let that happen! I'll DIE without my blog! Some people ( Not the Congress guys) have shut down some of the most important websites on the Internet as a way of saying ``This is what the world will be like if there is no Internet.

If you protest about any of this PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP COMMENT!!!!!!!! BLAME SOPA!!!!! (Stop Online Piracy Act)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

copyright 2011, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

1 comment:

Book Dragon said...

I must not visit enough, I didn't realize that Betty had a blog.

GREAT explanation Betty, thanks.