Saturday, April 21, 2012

Read-a-Thon Update Hour 11: Book #1 FINISHED!



We're approaching the halfway mark of the Read-a-Thon and I've finished my first book! And, oh my God, what an amazing book it was. I'm talking about this, which deservedly won the 2011 Man Booker Prize. (What, no Pulitzer?)



This was astounding. This is a book that is made to be read in one sitting, which makes it the perfect Read-a-Thon book.  Such a great choice. Definitely one that is going to make my Best Books of 2012 List. Loved, loved, loved it.

Since The Sense of an Ending was a library book, I'm going with a book from my shelves as my next pick. Next up is Zenobia: The Curious Book of Business by Matthew Emmens and Beth Kephart.

Read-a-Thon Stats:

Number of Books Read So Far:  1
Number of Pages Read So Far: 163 
Amount of Time Spent Reading So Far: 4 hours
Time Spent Cheerleading for Other Participants: 1.5 hours (crap, I think I signed up for something ridiculous like 5 hours. Or was it 3?)
Time Spent Blogging: 45 minutes (including this post)
What Else is Going On in This House: The Yankees-Red Sox game is on TV.  We're quite pleased with  the turnaround of this game. (Red Sox had been winning 9-0, however it is now 14-9 Yankees in the top of the 8th!)

The other time was spent making dinner (I should have planned better and had something in the crockpot).  I also need to give a major shout-out to The Husband.  We still have a number of miscellaneous items over at our apartment, of which we have to vacate by April 30. He went over there and boxed almost everything up, making 16 TRIPS UP AND DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS in and out of the apartment IN THE RAIN while I was comfortably at home Read-a-Thoning.  That, my friends, is true love. (I did, however, take a break from my book to help decide what items could stay in the garage and which ones needed to come into the house and to put said things away.)

OK, I'm headed to Zenobia! Hope you're having a great Read-a-Thon!


copyright 2012, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

No comments: