Saturday, April 21, 2012

Read-a-Thon Update Hour 14, MidEvent Survey and Book #2 Completed!



This is turning into my best Read-a-Thon ever, y'all. Just finished my second book! That's cause for celebration, which just came in the form of a WeightWatchers Giant Latte ice cream bar. (Have you tried those things yet? They are divine and only 90 calories or something ridiculous like that. I'm not being paid to endorse these things, BTW. We just happen to love them.)

Anyhoo, onto the MidEvent Survey.

1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired?
I'm getting a wee bit sleepy, I admit. (Hopefully the latte bar will help with that.) It's 9:17 p.m. here, which is way too early to call it quits yet. My goal is to make it till midnight or later, maybe 1 or 2 a.m.

2) What have you finished reading?
Two books! The Sense of An Ending by Julian Barnes and Zenobia: The Curious Book of Business by Matthew Emmens and Beth Kephart

3) What is your favorite read so far?
Zenobia was cute and very different, but of the two, I gotta go with The Sense of An Ending. You're going to hear me talk about this one for awhile.

4) What about your favorite snacks?
See above about the Giant Latte ice cream bar.

5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love!
I'm probably in danger of getting kicked off the cheerleading squad. I've only done 2 hours of cheerleading during this Read-a-Thon. But, I have indeed found some new blogs and I'm hoping to make up for that by checking out their blogs and adding them to my overstuffed Google Reader.

Some additional stats since last time:
Number of pages read so far: 263
Number of hours read: 5 hours

Next book: Blue Nights, by Joan Didion.

copyright 2012, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

2 comments:

caitieflum said...

You are doing a great job so far! That snack sounds delicious...I may have to go buy them tomorrow! Keep it up!

Book Dragon said...

Great job! How did Betty do?