Friday, June 8, 2012

Armchair BEA: Ask the Experts



Let's try this again, shall we? Thanks to the glass of Merlot I was drinking while writing my previous post, I screwed up the topic of today's Armchair BEA post. I should have written on Ask The Experts, in which we ask the visitors to our blogs for blogging advice. "What did you always want to know about blogging but were afraid to ask? Now is the time!  Alternatively, if you've been blogging for awhile, you've probably learned a thing or two. Whether you stumbled upon something that makes blogging easier or made a mistake you'd never want anyone to repeat, share your experience and wisdom with others."


I'll start with the asking for advice. As I mentioned earlier this week, I am giving serious thought to changing my blog's name. I know several of you have made this transition ... and if you have, I'd love to know what worked for you and what you would do differently. I have some thoughts on how to undertake this, but in terms of the actual mechanics of doing so (such as, how does this work with feeds and whatnot?) and how to promote this, that's where I could benefit from your wisdom.

As for my advice to you, that's actually a little harder because everyone's blog is different. Maybe you're a book blogger ... but maybe you're not. Maybe you've been been blogging for almost 4 years, like me, but maybe you've only been blogging for 4 days. It's impossible for me to give advice willy-nilly, so in that case, I'll open it up to questions.

What blogging advice can I give you?  Is there something you're wondering about or struggling with that I can try and help you with? Let me know in the comments and I'll answer them in a future post.

Finally, thanks to all the organizers of Armchair BEA for a fabulous week! It takes a lot of work to put something like this together and your tremendous effort definitely were noticed and appreciated! You really made us feel part of the entire BEA experience.



copyright 2012, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

1 comment:

Lisa Gradess Weinstein said...

Hi Melissa, what name did you have in mind and why were you thinking of changing? Just curious!