Wednesday, June 20, 2012

On Blueberry Hill


My peas in the garden, which had been doing so well and which looked so promising?

Consumed by the rabbits (or, perhaps, casualties of the heat wave we're in).

My green beans?  A tasty side dish for the rabbits, I'm sure.

My four pots of strawberry plants? Dessert for the rabbits. (Pass the whipped cream.)

All gone, all reduced to nubs, all my hard work wasted. For who? For what?

Which made seeing this a true thrill indeed.


The first blueberry sighting of the season.





copyright 2012, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

2 comments:

Book Dragon said...

:(

very sorry to read about the rabbits. There is a wire mesh fence material, called rabbit fencing. The bottom half is 1x2 and the top half is 4x4ish. Hope it helps for next year.

Aarti said...

Oh, yay for the blueberry! I am making a lemon-blueberry yogurt cake tonight from Smitten Kitchen's website. Love the combination of blueberries and lemons :-)