Friday, July 6, 2012

King Jalapeno: A Story by Boo

As regular readers know, my son Boo is a prolific writer and illustrator. It's impossible to keep up with everything he produces, but every once in awhile (such as today, when I was cleaning the house in preparation for my in-laws' five day visit), I find a gem.

Thankfully, Boo has allowed me to share it with you here. (We're at the age where I can't freely blog my kids' charming ways; I need to ask permission.) He says that the Dos Equis' "Most Interesting Man in the World" ads were, obviously, his inspiration for this, but King Jalapeno comes straight from his imagination.

He wrote this at the library on Monday, when his summer camp group visited the children's department. (He had no interest in reading.)

Enjoy.

King Jalapeno's: Episode 1 

Episode 1: They're spicy. 

He  isn't a fan of basketball. The basketball is a fan of him. 


His fortunes never come true because of his faith.
Your wish will come true. 

Or is it?

His statue is bigger than Einstein at the library. 

He is King Jalapeno. 

I don't always eat peppers.
But when I do, I perfer King Jalapeno's Chili Peppers. 

Stay hungry my friends. The End. 

I may not like jalapeno peppers but my God, I love that kid.




copyright 2012, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

10 comments:

K A B L O O E Y said...

I LOVE it. And his first Einstein is awesome. Stay talented, my friend Boo.

jenclair said...

Definitely a talent to be nourished! Of course, I'm partial to jalapenos, but King Jalapeno is pretty remarkable. :)

Beth F said...

Way too funny. Love it. I'm staying hungry.

Col (Col Reads) said...

I see a Newberry Award in your family's future. Adorable.

caite said...

lol...that is great.

Carole said...

Hee, hee. Lovely
Have a great week.

Joy said...

Sold me on King Jalapeno peppers!
Joy's Book Blog

Heather said...

I loved it and want more.

Marg said...

So cute!

Have a great week!

(Diane) bookchickdi said...

You have a very talented child there, I enjoyed his work!