Saturday, September 22, 2012

Countdown to Bloggiesta! (who's bringing the margaritas?)


Did you know Bloggiesta is Spanish for "a day to do all those little chores to clean up your blog" ?

It's true.

I know this because every time Bloggiesta rolls around, that's what we do. It's an entire weekend that we spend working on our blogs. (Which, in this case, makes it no different than any other weekend around here.)

Bloggiesta is being held next weekend, September 28-30, and our hosts (Danielle from There's a Book and Suey from It's All About Books) have all kinds of fun things in store.

Here's what Danielle says to expect if you decide to participate in the Fall 2012 Bloggiesta:

  • to spend time that weekend (as much or as little as your schedule allows) working on your blog
  • to create a to do list to share on your blog and link up with other participants
  • to hopefully participate in several mini challenges and learn something new
  • to connect with other participants through blog hopping or twitter
  • to make new blogging friends!
  • to come away at the end of the three days with a spiffed up blog!

I will confess: I got a little bit of a head start on Monday by creating a Press page and a Contact Me/ Hire Me page. Even though I write a separate blog where I talk about philanthropy, fundraising, social media, and nonprofits, I'm at the point of my quest for new employment where I need to maximize my use of every available tool in the shed before we wind up actually living in ours. So I made the decision to be a little more self-promotional and public with those two pages here on the blog. A bit outside my comfort zone, but ... well.

Here's my To-Do List for this Bloggiesta (in no order):
  • Clean up my labels list on the sidebar. There are way too many. 
  • Awhile back, I had an issue with not enough photo storage available. Thankfully, that's now been fixed ... but my solution at the time was to delete some photos, which resulted in some posts having empty spaces where photos once stood. I need to add the photos back to those posts. 
  • Go through my Book Reviews and add them to my Book Reviews Index page. (This has been on ongoing project.)
  • Continue adding my Book Reviews from here onto Goodreads. (Another ongoing project)
  • Create a page (or maybe even a separate blog!) for my Memorable Memoirs Reading Challenge. (At the very least, compile the reviews that people have been posting and do a post or a page or ... SOMETHING. I've been neglectful of this Challenge, and I apologize.)
  • Pre-format end-of-year Reading Challenge wrap-up/progress posts to have in the queue. 
  • Start working on end-of-year posts (it'll be here before we know it!) 

I'm sure I will think of more to-do's throughout the week. In the meantime, join me in signing up for Bloggiesta! 


    I am an Amazon.com affiliate. Making a purchase through any of the Amazon.com links on The Betty and Boo Chronicles will result in my earning a small percentage in commission, which will be used to support the upkeep of this blog as well as the real-life versions of Betty and Boo.


copyright 2012, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

1 comment:

christina said...

See I posted I wanted to sketch out an end of the year post and someone freaked out on me since it was only September. LOL. Glad I'm not the only one.