Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Honey, I Broke the Blog!

So, maybe I overreacted just a tad with this whole Feedburner is closing down right-this-second-but-definitely-in-October-but-oh-it's-just-the-API-what-the-hell-is-that-oh-look-the-sky-is-falling! business happening in the blogging world.

Over the weekend, when I started seeing posts from bloggers about subscriber counts in Feedburner plummeting to 0 and people jumping ship to Feedblitz, I was worried. Maybe I needed to move my feed, too.

So I did ... to Feedcat.

You know that advice to listen to your instinct? Yeah, I didn't take it. For various reasons, I wasn't comfortable with this right from the beginning. And after several days, I've had enough and I'm switching back.

To Feedburner, which seems to be working again.

I need to ask you to change your subscription to The Betty and Boo Chronicles AGAIN. I truly apologize. I also apologize to those of you on Twitter or elsewhere to whom I suggested Feedcat to as an option. I'm truly very sorry.

So. Let's try this again, once more with feeling:
1. Go to http://bettyboochronicles.blogspot.com
2. Go to the right hand column.
3. Decide whether you would like to receive The Betty and Boo Chronicles via a reader (there's a drop down menu with the arrow) or by email (just type in your email address).
Then we can forget that the whole thing ever happened, 'kay?

Thanks so much.



    I am an Amazon.com affiliate. Making a purchase through any of the Amazon.com links on The Betty and Boo Chronicles will result in my earning a small percentage in commission, which will be used to support the upkeep of this blog as well as the real-life versions of Betty and Boo.





copyright 2012, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

5 comments:

Florinda Pendley Vasquez said...

I saw Carrie dropped Feedcat too. I'm hanging in with it for now, although I seem to have to ping it manually after each post. BUT I didn't actually replace or disable the Feedburner feed with it, so some poor unfortunates may be getting duplicate posts from me. (I'm getting them from a couple of other people.)

I may just go with the Blogger native feeds eventually. Who really needs feed stats, anyway? :-)

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

I'm getting weird emails from a site that switched to FeedCat :( I actually unsubscribed last night bc the format was so different. Oy.

Melissa said...

Peppermint Ph.D: OMG. I am so nervous about this Feedcat thing. I hope I undid any damage before any damage was done, but we'll see. Let me know if you see any strange things happening from this end, 'kay?

Florinda: This is all such a freakin' pain in the ass. I'm hoping my subscribers came back. It looks like they did, but who knows. I don't know what to think anymore, but your plan of going with the Blogger native feeds eventually (when and if Feedburner shuts down) is what I will likely do, too.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I have been nervous about Blogger changes that will affect followers, too, like the whole Google Friend Connect thing going away. What's the story with that?

I don't use Feed Readers, although I do have the Feed Burner gadget...and have also put in Subscribe by e-mail gadgets.

Mostly my blogs are on Word Press, but I do still have two on Blogger.

Melinda said...

Totally unrelated to the feedburner thing, but I sent you an email to the gmail acct that you have listed on your blogger profile. I'm looking for any & all Burgh Autism Spectrum resources, and would love some help. Thank you so much. :)