Friday, September 28, 2012

It's Bloggiesta Time!



Ole, amigos! It's Bloggiesta time, which means that starting NOW and throughout the weekend, I will be participating in the fun-filled blogging event known as Bloggiesta.

Basically, this means that we blogging types spend a weekend working on our blogs, doing all those little chores and to-dos that often fall by the wayside and get neglected, things we keep meaning to do sometime, etc.

It's being hosted from today (9/28) through Sunday 9/30 by Danielle from There's a Book and Suey from It's All About Books) who have all kinds of fun things in store. 

Here's my To-Do List for this Bloggiesta (in no order):

1. Clean up my labels list on the sidebar. There are way too many.  COMPLETED! I got my labels down from 176 labels to 45. Looks so much better, don't you think? And, the best part was that I didn't have to delete any ... there's a feature in Blogger where you can decide which labels appear and which don't. Who knew? 

2. Awhile back, I had an issue with not enough photo storage available. Thankfully, that's now been fixed ... but my solution at the time was to delete some photos, which resulted in some posts having empty spaces where photos once stood. I need to add the photos back to those posts.

3. Go through my Book Reviews and add them to my Book Reviews Index page. (This has been an ongoing project.)  UPDATE: This has been more of a project than I'd anticipated. I just finished with the reviews that were missing from 2009. Yee gads. 

4. Continue adding my Book Reviews from here onto Goodreads. (Another ongoing project)

5. Create a page (or maybe even a separate blog!) for my Memorable Memoirs Reading Challenge. (At the very least, compile the reviews that people have been posting and do a post or a page or ... SOMETHING. I've been neglectful of this Challenge, and I apologize.)

6. I have about 270 posts in drafts. (I KNOW. That's ridiculous.) Go through them and delete what can be deleted and finish what can be easily finished. (UPDATE: I finished 6 of these posts, which are now saved for a rainy day.) 

7. Pre-write some posts, like Weekend Cooking posts and Book Reviews that have been pending. (UPDATE: Wrote book review of Love, In Theory.)

8. Pre-format end-of-year Reading Challenge wrap-up/progress posts to have in the queue.

9. Start working on end-of-year posts (it'll be here before we know it!)

10. Create a blog survey (I've never done one before and I'd like to.)

* * * * *
Bloggiesta Update #1, Saturday 9/29, 1:50 p.m.
I don't know what it is, exactly, but I'm just not feeling the whole Bloggiesta thing this time around. I'm more in a Read-a-thon frame of mind. What's up with that?

As I mentioned above, I've been working on getting some of the Book Reviews onto my Book Review Page. (I'm kind of proud of that page, if I do say so myself.) There were a bunch missing from 2009.

Last night my laptop was running hotter than usual, so I just shut it off and ended Bloggiesta early for the night and read. I wound up finishing Love, In Theory, which was a real good collection of short stories.

I'm going to visit some other blogs and see if that might help get my mojo back.

Update #2, Saturday, 4:23 p.m.
Just finished writing a book review - yay me! In the spirit of Bloggiesta, now I'm going to make enchiladas for dinner.

Update #3, Saturday, 8:06 p.m.
I got the Labels under control, which was something I wanted to do; I completed 6 posts that were lingering in Drafts; and I read a bunch of blogs. Oh, and the enchiladas turned out really well. Time for some reading. Might be calling it a night with Bloggiesta.



    I am an Amazon.com affiliate. Making a purchase through any of the Amazon.com links on The Betty and Boo Chronicles will result in my earning a small percentage in commission, which will be used to support the upkeep of this blog as well as the real-life versions of Betty and Boo.


copyright 2012, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

5 comments:

Tanya Patrice said...

270 draft posts?!!! Wow - that's pretty darn amazing that you have so many post ideas :-)

Tanya Patrice
Girlxoxo.com

Melissa said...

I'm not as prolific as I may seem. Truth be told, some of them go back to 2008 ...:)

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Wow! That's impressive...good luck with all your goals, and enjoy the party.

Sara said...

I've just been dealing with some photo storage issues too. How did you fix it?

Melissa said...

Sara: I bought the extra storage from Google. An additional 20GB (I think) for something like $10 a year. Don't quote me on this. It was relatively cheap. And so far, it has solved the problem. Hope that helps!