Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Sunday Salon: Distractions



From the outside, it looks like a normal Sunday here (football on TV, leftovers for lunch, some things needing to be picked up from the store). Yet, there is nothing typical about today.

The Husband's surgery is early tomorrow morning, and so we are spending today trying to adhere to the normal Sunday routine with all the aforementioned activities.

He's expending his nervous energy by focusing on the football games; I'm burning through mine by cursing Feedburner and futzing with the blog and contemplating what book would be best to take to the hospital tomorrow to distract me while waiting. (We've been told to anticipate a 4 hour procedure.) Every title that I have on my nightstand seems to have a hidden meaning. (Goodbye For Now? Um ... no. The English Patient? You're Not You? The other people getting cancer biopsies might not appreciate that. The Revised Fundamentals of Caregiving? Fits the mood, but I don't think so.)

This is where the Kindle becomes your best friend.

I haven't been doing much reading this week. I was busier than anticipated on the "getting the freelancing career up and running" front and I was thrilled to be able to spend Thursday with one of my college friends who happened to be in Pittsburgh. So, I'm still working my way through Love, In Theory (another appropriately descriptive title for the hospital waiting room!), a short story collection by E.J. Levy that I'm on deck to review for TLC Book Tours on Tuesday. So far I'm enjoying it, despite only being on the second story. I'll probably wind up bringing this to the hospital with me.

(Oh, and as always, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. They're much appreciated and feel free to keep them coming.)


    I am an Amazon.com affiliate. Making a purchase through any of the Amazon.com links on The Betty and Boo Chronicles will result in my earning a small percentage in commission, which will be used to support the upkeep of this blog as well as the real-life versions of Betty and Boo.



copyright 2012, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

1 comment:

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers this morning :)