This week's Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, asks us to reveal the names of the bookish people (authors, bloggers, etc.) we'd like to meet.
I'm not even going to touch the bloggers because the answer to that would be everyone I haven't met yet. Easy one there.
So, in the event any said author bookish people (an oxymoron, I know) are actually reading this, I will also add this: given my current
(This will be difficult for some of you because some of you are, unfortunately, dead, which might require some special arrangements for our meeting.)
Still, in no particular order, some bookish people I'd really like to meet:
1. Judy Blume - because I'd love to tell her how much her books meant to me and I'd like to give her a hug.
2. Michael Cunningham - to say how how much I love his writing.
3. Lorrie Moore - to apologize for not liking A Gate at the Stairs more than I did but to say that Birds of America is still one of my taking-to-a-desert-island books.
4. Flannery O'Connor - because she would be a hoot and because I love her. And I have questions.
5. Every parent of a special needs kid who has ever written a memoir, contributed to an anthology, or written a blog post - because you get this life and what it is like.
6. Carolyn Haywood - because I'd like to give her this blog post.
7. Randy Shilts - so I can say thank you for And the Band Played On.
8. Marion Winik - because I just loved First Comes Love and every word she's ever written thereafter (and because I want to give her a hug too).
9. The literary agent who would like to represent me and my novel in progress.
10. ... and the publisher who would like to buy it for a large sum.
copyright 2012, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.