Monday, October 22, 2012

Menu Plan Monday


It has been forever since I've participated in Menu Plan Monday although I have been doing a better job (most weeks) of meal planning. (My friend Hillary from My Scraps inspires me.) This is hosted by one of my favorite blogs, I'm an Organizing Junkie (I hear you laughing from across the state, Mom.) You can link up there, too.

I confess, I have a little bit of a love-hate relationship with meal planning. Love how much more organized I feel during the week and how it helps me save some money at the grocery store, but I don't love how long it seems to take.

Maybe by participating more in MPM I'll conquer that for once and for all!

Monday:
Vegetarian Quesadillas from The Picky Eater
We like veggie quesadillas and this will be a new recipe for us to try. 

Tuesday:
Soup, Sandwich, and Salad Night
Not sure what kind of soup yet. Sandwiches will be wraps, as tortillas were on sale at the grocery store this weekend. (UPDATE: This wound up being Mushroom Barley Soup.)

Wednesday:
No Cream Pasta Primavera 
This depends on the amount of veggies leftover from the night before. I wanted to have something spring-like since we're having a week with temperatures hitting 75. In Pittsburgh! In October!

Thursday:
Breakfast for dinner/some kind of breakfast casserole
Eggs were on sale this week. We have 5 dozen of them! 

Friday:
Pizza Night
As per usual. 

What's on the menu at your house this week?




copyright 2012, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

4 comments:

hillary said...

sounds totally yummy!!!

Sue Jackson said...

Same love-hate relationship here, Melissa! I do really like planning my meals a week in advance, making ONE trip to the grocery store and not having to think about what to make each day. But, as you said, it is a lot of work. I like your idea of sort of theme nights - breakfast for dinner, soup & sandwich, etc. Right now, I have to plan our meals around the veggies we get from our local CSA farm on Monday. I love the fresh veggies, but this is the last week, and it will also be nice to have more freedom in deciding what to make. I do try to stock up when meat is on sale at Acme.

Speaking of all this, it is Monday, and I have no idea what we are eating the rest of the week (we had left-overs tonight) so I better get busy...

Sue

Book By Book

Erin Branscom said...

Just found your blog from Org Junkie and wanted to say hi! :) I am also doing a Monday Menu link up as well too if you want to link up. :) Have a great day! Erin

http://www.healthybranscoms.com/2012/10/menu-monday.html

Peppermint Ph.D. said...

I have NOT been doing a better job of menu planning :( It makes me feel so much more organized when I have the week planned out ahead of time, but all the time saved during the week is shifted to planning day :/ I just need to bite the bullet and get back to it!