Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thankfully Reading Update (sorta)



Despite my best intentions, I am struggling mightily with this year's Thankfully Reading, thanks to this pounding headache of mine. I'm pretty sure this is weather-related; we had fairly warm temperatures on Thursday and Friday (in the 50s or so), only to be greeted by our first snow of the season this morning. It has been snowing all day, and its my favorite kind of snow: big, steady flakes swirling around like a dervish, arriving on a day when nobody has to go anywhere, and gone by evening.

Ironically, this is the kind of snow that makes for perfect reading, but as I mentioned, that hasn't been happening as much as I'd like.

I've read a grand total of ... are you ready? A whopping 54 81 pages in my current book, Because You Have To: A Writing Life, by Joan Frank. (I should clarify that my lack of reading progress has nothing whatsoever to do with the book, which is wonderful.)

Day 1 (Thursday)
No pages read at all, due to cooking Thanksgiving dinner and it being the kids' birthdays.

Day 2 (Friday):
Number of pages read: 38

Day 3 (Saturday, as of 6:40 p.m. 11:45 p.m.)
Number of pages read: 16  43

I'm going to take a Maxalt and, if I don't fall asleep, try to read some more.


I am an Amazon.com Affiliate. Making a purchase via any of the Amazon.com links on The Betty and Boo Chronicles will result in my earning a small percentage in commission, which will be used to support the upkeep of this blog, as well as the real-life versions of Betty and Boo. Thank you!

copyright 2012, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles. If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

1 comment:

christina said...

Ironically, the best reading day for me was Thanskgiving (the busiest). I haven't read but 30 pages since then. *le sigh*

My netflix viewing however has been satisfactory. ;-)